Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Register now by clicking HERE!

Username: Password:
Remember Me Forgot Password?
I Can't Register

Register

Events Calendar | Reviews |
 All Forums
 General Interest
 In The News
 Spooky when it hits home.

The following people are reading this Topic also here:

Bookmark this Topic
Author Previous Topic: Lest We Forget Topic Next Topic: First human injected in human embryonic stem cell    

johnny
Advanced Member

Member #: 296
Topics started: 828
City: San Antonio
State: Texas
 Posted On: 11/09/2010  At: 2:51:29 PM

We pride ourselves in being debt free, having credit cards that we pay off every month, but there's trouble out there in the credit world that might effect you regardless of how good a person you are. Received a letter in the mail from a credit card company I've used for almost 10 years: Emerge Card issued by First National Bank Of Omaha. Stated that Management had discontinued the program! Just like that..out of the blue! I've got, and Joanie has several other credit cards from the larger companies..Chase, American Express, etc.

I was told these are "challenging credit times" and many banks are going under.

So, we keep ours for emergencies and to keep from wheeling in to pay for gas, I use a card. It's scary when the country's credit problems hit close to home. If you get a letter in the mail..don't be alarmed..it has nothing to do with you or your record. It means whoever issues that card has gone under. How much did Bill leave us with?

johnny's sig 
Guaranteed, the best eclectician in town!

shakey

Member #: 120
Topics started: 115
City: Platte City
State: MO

Posted On: 11/09/2010  At: 4:50:18 PM | Reply Link

We use Discover for most everything just for the cash back, and we pay off the balance each billing period. Get $3-400 a year to use the card. Will use store credit on their 0% interest offers, and draw a little interest on the money sitting in the bank that would have been used, if we paid cash.

Look for the repugs to try to roll back some of the new regs on credit cards.

shakey's sig 
Actions are held to be good or bad, not on their own merits, but according to who does them, and there is almost no kind of outrage...which does not change its moral colour when it is committed by 'our' side." -- George Orwell.

Go to Top of Page

YosemiteSam

Member #: 278
Topics started: 27
State: California (S.F. Bay Area)

Posted On: 11/09/2010  At: 9:40:52 PM | Reply Link

We use Discover primarily, but Costco only takes American Express so we we run quite a bit w/AmEx. Oh yeah, I have an Anazon card that I use on Amazon purchases. I have a number of other cards that I've heard if I cancel will have a negative impact on my credit.

�o�

Go to Top of Page

johnny
Advanced Member

Member #: 296
Topics started: 828
City: San Antonio
State: Texas

Posted On: 11/10/2010  At: 2:30:24 PM | Reply Link

Same here with American Express..and for the same (Costco) reason! You wouldn't read about it or see it on the tube, but banks are failing right and left.

johnny's sig 
Guaranteed, the best eclectician in town!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Lest We Forget Topic Next Topic: First human injected in human embryonic stem cell  
Bookmark this Topic